Part of the museum's collections belonged to Røros Copper Works. It revolves around the work's historic object collection, the newest part of the work's archives and items that were taken over by the Røros Museum when the Røros Copper Works went bancrupt in 1977.
Here is a rough overview of our collections per 2016:
- 80 buildings, of which 54 listed (total 10,500 m²)
- 12,000 items
- Approximately 70,000 photos
- 7,000 historical maps and drawings
- 310 meters of shelving from private archives
- 4.5 km² industrial landscapes, most of it listed