Many of the women who lived here earned a living as domestic servants in the houses of those who were better off. Among the craftsmen living in the street were a cobbler, a clock and watch repairman and engraver and several musicians. One of the houses was occupied until 1950.
During the summer months some of the houses are open to the public, do pay them a visit and for more information please contact the museum guides who work there.
Since 1999 the museum’s craftsmen have worked on the restoration of the houses in accordance with the principles of antique preservation.