The Røros Copper Works’ history is a story about the town, people and nature, but also of an industrial adventure that lasted for 333 years – from the first copper was found in 1644 to the company’s bankruptcy in 1977. In 1644, the entire area was almost uninhabited.
Our guide takes you through our permanent exhibitions The Copper Works and In their Finery. The production processes that took place in the mines and the smeltery are represented in miniature working models on a scale of 1:10. These models give an excellent impression of the way in which mining operations were carried out. The models themselves are fascinating and provide a better understanding of the history of the operations.
The exhibition In Their Finery displays party and formal wear worn in Røros in the 1800’s. The exhibition provides insight into the variety and traditions of clothing worn by people in the Røros district and features clothing worn for formal and festive occasions such as christenings, confirmations, weddings and church attendance.
- Guided tour of the exhibitions Røros Copper Works and In their Finery
- Duration: 1 hour
- For groups of up to 50 People
- Season all year
Options on request
- Light refreshments
- We can customize the content and length of activities to suit your group. Please contact us for an offer.
- Parking for coaches at Malmplassen, in front of the Museum
- The museum is accessible to wheelchair users and prams
- Guided tour of Røros
- Guided tour of Røros Church
- Guided tour of Olav’s Mine
Guided tour of Røros
Join us on a guided tour of Røros where you will learn more about the people who lived here and how the city has evolved through preservation and modernization.
Guided tour of Røros Church
Join us on a guided tour of Røros Church - "The pride of the mining town"